Skills for Security have been rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted following its 2016 visit.
The Ofsted Inspection Team visited Skills for Security (SfS) between the 26th and 29th January 2016 and Skills for Security secured a rating of ‘Good’ with only marginally missing out on an Outstanding rating, in all four categories including leadership and management, quality of teaching, personal development and outcomes for learners.
The new rating is as a direct result of the continuing tireless work of the whole SfS team and all of those involved with the training centre, apprentices and employers.
Skills for Security are proud and delighted with the very positive comments it received and the recognition of how the standards of teaching and learning have risen over the last couple of years.
Highlights in the report include the comments that:
- Staff are motivated and enthusiastic, have high expectations of apprentices and use a wide range of teaching and learning methods that engage apprentices.
- Assessors and tutors are well qualified and have up-to-date, relevant experience within the industry.
- Apprentices receive specific vocational advice and support.
- Apprentices very much enjoy their learning, achieve well and are keen to make good progress.
- Staff provide apprentices with good opportunities to expand their vocational skills and knowledge alongside their apprenticeship.
Ofsted survey results and full report can be read via the following links:Employer View Learner View
For further information contact Skills for Security at [email protected]