Click on the news section or scroll down to see the Skills for Security Business Continuity Plan laid out in two stages. For current guidance and useful resources on dealing with Coronavirus (COVID-19) click on the button below to be directed to the BSIA website.
**Skills for Security – Business Continuity Plan (BCP): Coronavirus (COVID-19)**
The UK’s security sector skills body.
Through advice, guidance, training and qualifications, Skills for Security works with organisations to improve skills and professionalism within the security sector.
Message from Managing Director David Scott on COVID-19:
First of all, thank you for the continued messages of support since my previous email, it is much appreciated. I understand that these are challenging times for all and we appreciate your continued patience throughout the unprecedented times.
As the situation with coronavirus continues to develop across the nation and with the most up to date Government advice, we have taken the decision to initiate Stage 2 of our Business Continuity Plan with effect from Monday 23rd March 2020. Therefore, apprentices are being asked to not attend the training centre from this date onwards, until told otherwise. To ensure no apprentices is disadvantaged our fully qualified tutors will deliver the full curriculum program using a range of blended training activities via our remote learning tool. Training due to take place this week (18th March) will continue as normal – with reduced office staff in place to limit the risk to students and operations.
In order for apprentices to undertake this remote training;
- Full access to a Laptop, iPad or Tablet is required – it would be appreciated if an apprentice does not have access to one of the above, that access is given by their employer
- If this is not feasible apprentices can access the remote training sessions by phone, but it is preferred they dial in using a laptop to ensure they receive the full training being offered
- If an apprentice was not to participate in this mode of learning, then this could delay progress towards their EPA
- It is recommended that all learners are supported as much as reasonably possible to attend these training sessions, which follow their normal delivery schedule which has been previously shared with you
In order to make this as seamless as possible we are hosting our remote sessions via GoToWebinar. Shannon will be in touch providing the remote access links to apprentices with the teaching material being issued by Charlie to all learners. The team have worked tirelessly over the last two days to prepare for this eventuality and all believe a high quality learning and teaching experience can be achieved with the right learner engagement.
To ensure all learners are receiving ongoing training throughout this difficult period we are recording absences as part of our normal practice and this will be reported back to employers on a weekly basis.
- For learners who were due in the training centre on a Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday training will take place remotely on Monday & Tuesday between 10:00 and 14:00 with reviews taking place on Wednesday via phone call. (Learners will need to be available throughout the day)
- For learners who were due in the training centre on a Wednesday, Thursday & Friday training will take place remotely on Wednesday & Thursday between 10:00 and 14:00 with reviews taking place on Friday via phone call. (Learners will need to be available throughout the day)
We appreciate that this is a difficult time for all and we are trying to ensure that we offer the best solution possible for this ongoing situation.
Thank you for your continued support and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or a member of the team.
Skills for Security
*** 2019 Live Stream ***
Skills for Security is at WorldSkills UK!
View the WSUK Electronic Security Systems competition live Thursday, 21st November 2019 from 9:00 am GMT.
Bereavement and Young peopleDownload CoronavirusDownload GamblingDownload Radicalisation and ExtremismDownload SextingDownload Time to talkDownload
Download the latest version of Skills for Security's newsletter. Skills-Connect-July-20Download
IFSEC and FIREX International partner with Skills for Security to launch an exclusive digital career development programme
IFSEC International and FIREX International have partnered with Skills for Security to deliver an exclusive programme of digital training and career development: Training Week. Sign up for IFSEC & FIREX Training Week, here! Taking place entirely online on...