The ISO 27001 was a very good course that was informative and well delivered. The knowledge will be taking forward in our workplace and I would recommend this to anyone to gain knowledge of Information Security Management.David Taylor
ISO 27001 InfoSec
Skills for Security’s ISO 27001 standard training course is designed to enable companies to train their staff and adopt a best-practice approach to information security management across their business.
The two day implementation course will enable learners to produce a high level project plan which identifies timescales, milestones and resource requirements to implement a robust information security processes and is aimed at those who are, or are planning to comply or certify ISO 27001.
The Course covers the following topics:
- The fundamentals of information security
- Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Terminology and processes
- The purposes and requirements of ISO 27001 and ISO 27002
- Understanding the Standards
- Integration with other Standards
- Overview of ‘Plan-Do-Check-Act’ model of continuous improvement
- Reviewing required actions at each of the 4 phases
- Scoping and asset identification
- Deciding on what to include and exclude in the scope
- Identifying and classifying information assets
- Conducting an ISO 27001 compliant risk assessment
- Undertaking an information risk assessment
- Interpreting results and deciding on acceptable risk
- Selecting and implementing most effective security controls
- Controls from ISO 27002
- Designing bespoke controls
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a compliant ISMS
- The fundamentals of a management system as required by ISO 27001
- Conducting internal audits of your ISMS
- Audit best practice
- What the certification body will expect to see
Courses can be delivered at YOUR PLACE OF WORK. Please contact Skills for Security to arrange this.
There are no upcoming events at this time.