Skills for Security is launching a new competency based qualification – a Level 2 Certificate in Providing Electronic Security and Emergency Systems.
The certificate can be achieved from a series of workplace assessments and workshop attendances within a 6 months’ time frame.
This is ideally a qualification for those engineers who don’t already have the C&G 2882 or wish to update their competence, by having this assessed by industry specialists, in line with qualification standards.
This can be applied to all disciplines of the Electronic Security and Emergency Systems, and will give you a recognised current qualification in the security sector.
The certificate would cover the following units and would require individuals to prepare a portfolio of evidence and demonstrate their skills and abilities under observation to meet the qualification standards.
• Reduce the risks to health and safety at work
• Communicate effectively with others
• Portray a positive personal image
• Make preparations & arrangements to install electronic security & emergency systems
• Install cabling for electronic security and emergency systems
• Install electronic security and emergency equipment
• Test and confirm operation of electronic security systems
• Diagnose and rectify faults on electronic security and emergency systems (*option)
• Handover of electronic security and emergency systems to customers (*option)
• Commission and handover electronic security and emergency systems (*option)
*Option will be determined by job role requirements.
The certificate can be achieved from 2 site visits and 2 workshops within a 6 months time frame.
Cost per person is £1,500**
** Dependant on location. Extra mileage may be charged.
For further information please contact Skills for Security